Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Too damn technical for my own good

Last night around mid night I was staring at my laptop and I was staring hard. My laptop screen was showing me an alleged portrait of a girl painted by Picasso(yeah it is not just the name of ballpoint pen) which was "supposed" to show Picasso's insane passion and love he felt for the "girl" in the painting. And here I was thinking what on earth is this... from where it looks anything like what is being said or even a girl for that matter. To me it looked like an armature's painting about some sort of a weird tree gone wrong with a bunch of blobs of paint splashed across the canvas to hide his mistakes. I was completely shocked that I couldn’t even see which was right in front of me and so easy for other people to see.

But even though I was not able to see and appreciate the true beauty of the painting I just knew that there was something in there which I could feel. Something so beautiful, so raw, so pure and so perfect... it was like if I had lost my sense of touch but I could still feel the loving touch of my Ammi(Mother) when she runs her hand over my head or lost my sight but I could still feel how sun set on green valley filled with snow would look like. I felt like at some point in my life I was able to see but not anymore just the fading images. I think years of studying the numbers and the logics and the algorithms and training my self to think more and more like machines has rendered me esthetical blind to see the real beauties in art. I am sure most of my "Technical" friends would agree with me that we tend to see the world in binary and see only 10(for the non-technical people 10 is the binary for 2) shades of gray, black and white. For us the "Technical" people there is an else for every if but I realized there are many but's, might be's, sort of's and hope so's in between the plain and simple true and false in our lives too.

I hope there isn't any thing else which too I am missing out on... and someday I will get back the sense which I have lost on the way to becoming the technical guy… :).

9 comments:

  1. :) enjoyed going through this post. We are always missing out one thing or another and it feels good to come across it and even better if we actually find it fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it :)
    "it was like if I had lost my sense of touch but I could still feel the loving touch of my Ammi(Mother) when she runs her hand over my head"
    u have the skills, u should write more often and shouldn't miss this one atleast...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, somewhere along the road to being technical guys we have forgotten how to appreciate nature and little things surrounding us... (As If I knew it before.... :d)

    But, a very nice post indeed, and it was nice knowing the writer hidden under the mask of software engineer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feelings in simple words and marvelous flow buddy :) ..... you can express very well .....

    Keep it up ...looking forward for more from you ..

    LOVE U !

    ReplyDelete
  5. zahid you beauty!! such a dawwwgy post, luved it ;)

    ReplyDelete