Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dream Architect…

yeah that’s me… I am not joking I am sure you will agree with me soon enough. This Saturday while I was enjoying my one of many weekend naps a friend called and we talked about stuff. After some time I woke up and didn’t know whether it was for real or I was just dreaming. So I groped for my phone to see the call log in hope that I had a good chat with the friend. I found my phone and felt happy to see his name on the list. But then after some more time I woke up again Smile and was going through my phone and his name was no where to be found on the log… I never saw the call log I just dreamt about that too.
And the funny thing is its not the first times this has happened. There are many if not countless days in which I was late from the office just because when I wake up in the morning to my mom’s voice “aaj office nahin jana…”(don’t you have to go to office today) long after my alarm clock has given up on me Smile I guess moms are more persistent then the clocks… or my clock doesn’t love me as much as my mom. Anyways… I go to see the time and squeeze some more snooze time out of it. I don’t actually see my clock and just dream about seeing my clock and to my own convenience see it ticking at 7:30 or sometimes 8 and go to sleep again in the dream thinking I still have some time. But that doesn’t last for very long because I hear the second warning from my mom pretty soon and a much louder one “9 baj gaay hain… jana nahin…”(its 9… don’t you want to go…). Only then I realize I don’t have the luxury to shave anymore and I might have to skip the morning tea too…
There are many other events like that which frankly I don’t even remember right now.
So do you agree with me now…I am a dream architect right…what else would you call it. I don’t know why but I thought I should share my weird “super power” with you…It might not be that weird after all Smile. Sometimes I wish I had this “super power” to control the reality too…wouldn’t that be something.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have any doubts in your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faisal for the not doubting :)
    and thanks Sadaf for agreeing with me :)
    Keep Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D i guess everyone craves for the last 5 minutes sleep in the morning and keeps dreaming the 5 minutes will last long enough to wake up fresh. What I always think after getting up after those many 5 minutes is that 7 or 8 hours sleep can leave me sleepless, what good can 5 minutes do? and during those quasi awake moments you do turn into an architect of ur own dreams :)
    Liked that you expressed this daily common feeling in such a simple uncommon way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 min snoozing which leads to 30 min or more everyday :D interesting post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps its Quantum inception :D...or something..dream within a dream..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always trying to find the History of Human, Alarm and Snooze Relationship. A fight between 3 that lasts for 5 mins may be, and office without this scuffle is impossible :)

    ReplyDelete